On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Keith N. McKenna
<keith.mcke...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Keith N. McKenna
>> <keith.mcke...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> Unfortunately progress is VERY slow. Only one new volunteer stepped up to
>>> help. I will be doing an update to the list hopefully in the next few
>>> days
>>> as to where we are.
>>>

>> We could do a "call for volunteers" to find more people interested in
>> documentation.  If we promote this like we did QA, Marketing and
>> Translations, we could easily see 10-20 people express serious
>> interest.  But for this to work it is best if there is some framework
>> they can fit into, some plan or structure that they can add their
>> efforts to.  For documentation an outline at the very least.
>>
>> If you are interested in getting more volunteers this way let me know
>> and I can help on the recruitment.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Rob
>>
>>> Regards
>>> Keith
>>>

> Rob;
>
> A call for volunteers would be helpful, but with with Jean no longer
> actively working on the project there is a lack o the skills she had in the
> field to make that coherent outline. Let me get together an update for were
> we are as far as the print documentation and hopefully it will clear my head
> a bit for the longer term needs.

That would be the point of a call for volunteers then, wouldn't it?
Bring in more volunteers with the skills needed to create an outline,
etc.  There are independent books written on OpenOffice and certainly
Microsoft Office all the time.  There are many people who have the
skills needed.  All we need to do is ask.

The goal should be (IMHO) to reach a critical mass of volunteers where
the tasks are not only doable, but fun.

-Rob