http://www.openoffice.org/download/

This has a section that promotes the download of pre-release binaries
to the general public.  This is against ASF Release Policy, where it
says:

"During the process of developing software and preparing a release,
various packages are made available to the developer community for
testing purposes. Do not include any links on the project website that
might encourage non-developers to download and use nightly builds,
snapshots, release candidates, or any other similar package. The only
people who are supposed to know about such packages are the people
following the dev list (or searching its archives) and thus aware of
the conditions placed on the package. If you find that the general
public are downloading such test packages, then remove them."

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what

We're in flagrant violation of this policy.   The page in question,
http://www.openoffice.org/download/, is the single post popular page
on the website, more popular than the home page.  It gets over 3
million visits per month.

Unless anyone can come up with contrary policy interpretation, for
example, from legal-discuss or the ASF Board, I'll go ahead and remove
that section from the webpage in one week.

Regards,

-Rob