Hi Lucas,

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 12:49:08PM -0600, Lucas Burson wrote:

> > Yes, it is as a tag and there is a branch for 3.4*, but if you want to
> > start developing, the best it work directly with trunk (and use git-svn
> > instead of subversion, it is better for a project this size; I don't
> > recall if there is somewhere on the building guide a instruction to
> > check out the source with git-svn, but I can give the one I use in case
> > you choose git instead of subversion).
> >

> Thanks forthe info Ariel. Is [1] the right place for the AOO4 M1 code?

This is 3.4.1 tag:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/tags/AOO341/
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/tags/AOO341

This is 3.4 branch:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/branches/AOO34/
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO34

For development, you should checkout trunk, the 3.4 branch is only for
adding new translations.

> And I found [2] which has 'git svn clone ...', is that git-svn?

Yes, but you should use the master server URL (IIRC this was an advice
from Eike or Michael Stahl):

git svn clone https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk

> I've used git for a couple of small github projects but never mixed
> svn and git.

There is a small tutorial
http://trac.parrot.org/parrot/wiki/git-svn-tutorial

If you search on the web, you'll find more. If you are familiar with
git, it is rather simple, you use the svn wrapper only for updating the
sources and committing changes (git svn rebase, git svn dcommit), for
all the rest it's just git :)

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile