On 11.12.2012 22:06, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
Am 12/10/2012 06:29 PM, schrieb Herbert Duerr:
As we want more regular snapshots it is interesting to know what
happened to code since the last snapshot.

To get such info automatically I created a python script named
svnlog2info.py [1] which creates a html file for such a revision range.

For the changes in AOO's trunk between 1405864 and 1418409 run
python svnlog2info.py trunk 1405864 1418409
to get something like
http://people.apache.org/~hdu/izlist.htm

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/scripts

I hope this tool is useful for our project.

Herbert

I'm not a core developer, so I won't be the one to get the biggest
advantage out of the tool. ;-) But it looks great, thanks for your efforts!

Good point. There are different roles that prefer different views.

I now added an "audience" option to the script for that. Currently either "developer" or "enduser" can be selected.

In the enduser view the individual commits, issue priorities, issue target, issue status and the section about commits without issue references are omitted. An example can be seen at [1]

[1] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/izlist1.htm

The developer view was extended so that most browsers now show a commit message summary in a bubble popup when the mouse rests over an individual commit link. An example can be seen at [2].

[2] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/izlist9.htm

To select the view mode just add an "enduser" or "developer" to the command line, e.g. run
    svnlog2info trunk 1405864 1421168 enduser
to get the enduser view of "what happened between the development snapshots of revision 1405864 and the new revision 1421168".

More detail levels such as "tester", which would show everything except individual commit messages are possible, if there is demand for them.

Herbert