Hi Lucas,

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 01:52:49PM -0600, Lucas Burson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot build AOO from source. I use Ubuntu 64bit. I have never been
> able to build correctly; I switched from jdk7 to jdk6 and that didn't
> change anything.

The error seems to tell your system is on Java 7, see bellow.

> I used these instructions, [1], to get things started but I use a
> different svn url. (off topic: I tried svn-git but it stops responding
> after a while).
>
> These are the commands that I run to get the build going:
> svn co https://svn-master.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk ~/aoo/trunk
> cd ~/aoo/trunk/main/
> autoconf
> ~/aoo/trunk/main/configure
> --with-dmake-url=http://dmake.apache-extras.org.codespot.com/files/dmake-4.12.tar.bz2
> --with-epm-url=http://ftp.easysw.com/pub/epm/3.7/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz
> --disable-odk --disable-binfilter
> ~/aoo/trunk/main/bootstrap
> source ~/aoo/trunk/main/LinuxX86-64Env.Set.sh
> cd ~/aoo/trunk/main/instsetoo_native/
> build --all -P4 -- -P4
>

> It fails. I get a bunch of compiler errors about abstract methods not
> being overridden:
> "
>     [javac]
> /home/ljdelight/aoo/trunk/main/hsqldb/unxlngx6.pro/misc/build/hsqldb/src/org/hsqldb/jdbc/jdbcStatement.java:127:
> error: jdbcStatement is not abstract and does not override abstract
> method isCloseOnCompletion() in Statement
>     [javac] public class jdbcStatement implements Statement {
>     [javac]        ^

This method was added on Java 7, see
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#isCloseOnCompletion%28%29

Either use alternatives to switch to Java 6, or better install Java
6 from your distros repo, leaving your system's default, and pointing
the build system to the right JDK 6, configuring with --with-jdk-home
for example:

--with-jdk-home=/opt/jdk1.6

here JDK 6 is in /opt/jdk1.6

Regards