Hi Michael,

I like to continue to use the orb (I think the orb with gulls is simple and optimal, the biggest logos in the world are round and simple ;.))

One point I especially like on the existing orb is that the gull is sticking out of the orb, somewhat 'freeing' itself. Ths represents 'Open'Office for me graphically. Thus, I do not like the orb to be surrounded by a metal looking ring (better just use the orb's blue with e.g. rounded edges and let the light play and do the rest). The ring cuts off the gull and somewhat 'emprisones' it from my POV.

We also have more than 4 apps (at lest we sould not limit us to that in the logo, maybe new modules show up one day), so I see it critical to try to represent the single apps in the logo. It is already difficult enough to represent a single app (in the app's default logo) in a way that is intuitive enough to make the user identify which app this document is for with a single look at it.

Just my 2ct...

Sincerely,
    Armin