Hi Yi,

2 schrieb:
Hello All, My name is Yi, from China, interested in joining the
opensource community to gain some experience. My interest lies in
C++. I have got my own build on Windows XP with a MSVC 2008 Express
.I am interested in Writer. What can I do next?

You can look into Bugzilla [1], whether there is a bug, that you are interested in. Use the 'Advanced search'. You can narrow the search by project "word processor" and by a component. Severity should be 'trivial' or 'minor', so that there is no pressure to fix it. The status should be 'Confirmed', so that you are sure it is really a bug and not an user error. You can also use 'Accepted', if the last activity is more than two years ago, because that was before the move to Apache. If you have found one (or more) issues you are interested in, then tell it here. The experienced developers can likely judge, whether such bug is suitable to begin and they can give you a hint, where to start in the code.

We have quite recently introduced a category "Difficulty", so there are only few issues at all already sort in and therefore "easy" has only few bugs. If it need not be Writer, you might find suitable issues via this category too.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/ooo/query.cgi