Hi Kieth,

For years I have suffered as
        1. numbers are turned to dates

is it really a number you want to input or do you use a number format ?

        2. phone numbers are altered

In this case you can start your cell entry using a single quote character. A trailing single quote character will handle the cell content as a string not as a number.

        3. lower case data is changed to identical higher case data (eg: data
to DATA(when DATA is a separate piece of
data that i typed than the lower case))

I have to confess this can be odd but it really is a feature of Calc to autocorrect the way you once wrote a string within another input cell within a column. You can turn this behavior off within the tools menu.

"/tools/cell content/auto input" (or something like that - I use a German localization)

        4. If I type Scone then i can not write s, sc, sco, or scon in the same
field without my data being altered to the full word scone.

same as above

Kind regards, Joost