Hi all,

Andrew Douglas Pitonyak schrieb:

I can read these formats in AOO, but I cannot write them. Although I
remember seeing discussion on this, my current understanding is that
there are no current plans to add this capability into AOO, is this
correct? (or did I totally miss something and it is currently available).

I don't know if code already exists. But LibreOffice has an OOXML export. And there exist the project "Layout-getreue Darstellung von OOXML-Dokumenten in Open Source Office Applikationen" of the Open Source Business Alliance.
http://www.osb-alliance.de/working-groups/office-interoperability/

[For an English information use http://www.osb-alliance.de/fileadmin/specificationooxmlimprovements_en_v06.pdf]

If it has been done as planed, the code is under AL2 license and Apache OpenOffice may use it.

Kind regards
Regina