Well, I guess you misunderstand something.

you said that you executed "build --from SW", means you want to just build
the module SW right?

The there may exist 2 issues:
1. Before the partial build could be executed as you wished, the full build
has to be finished at least once. Otherwise the dependent libraries and
include files wont be the places they should be; For executing the full
build, just execute "dmake -P4" in your step 3 (in the path where you
execute step 2);
2.  Such "build from" parameter is used for executing a partial/full build
from the module you indicated and all the modules depend on said
module. Commonly such execution way is only available in the installation
package module named "instsetoo_native"; Inside the SW module package,
execute the following one instead:
"make -sr debug=true -j4";

Hope this could solve your problems.