On 12 January 2013 23:43, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2013, at 2:37 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> All is nice...at the moment I found 3 on wiki, and1 one on cwiki.
> >>
> >> The one on cwiki are the one we use on our buildbots (I think), but due
> >> missing translations you cannot build.
> >>
> >> Furthermore the respin of 3.4.1 contains different languages than the
> >> buildbot...I assume the reason is  that the respin only contains
> completed
> >> translations.
> >>
> >> I have to take a deeper look how the buildbot can finish, with missing
> >> translations. At least I end up with a number of errors in sdext,
> >> complaining about invalid text strings.
> >>
> >> Could we not settle on having 1 (not all) instruction pr platform,
> >> preferable a copy of our buildbot for that platform om
> wiki.openoffice.org
> >> .
> >> That would not be a big job for our builders to keep updated, and quite
> big
> >> help for everybody else.
> >>
> >> rgds
> >> Jan I.
> >>

> > Until very recently, they were ALL on wiki.openoffice.org.
> >
> > I am not entirely sure why different ones ended up on cwiki. Well, I
> think
> > it was done because this was somehow quickest to just say what options
> > worked for the developers most involved in the builds at the time.
> >
> > I will take your word that the options seen on cwiki are the same as used
> > in the buildbots.
> >
> > These should now be transferred to wiki. I share your concerns and
> > confusion however, and I too found several iterations on wiki.
> >
> > Merging the build information would  be a good opportunity for a
> volunteer
> > interested in participating in documentation.

Yes...I will be happy to supply needed technical details, as far as I know
them or can get my hands on them (from e.g. buildbot). Most of the text can
be found in wiki/cwiki, these paged should be marked as outdated (incl.
category) with a link to the new document.

> > I'm assuming we would want the build guide to go here?
> >
> > http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

Yes, whole document should be updated, and with sub-chapters for the
different platforms.

BUT I agree with dave, that since it is referenced in release notes, we
should live this page (just add a line on the top pointing to a new page).
eg. call the new page "Building_Guide_AOO_from_3.5"