On 11/01/2013 Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
On 10.01.2013 13:10, O.Felka wrote:
We have had a migration wizard for user settings (was it OOo 1.x to
2.x or 2.x
to 3.x?). This wizard offers to migrate user settings to the new version.

Starting clean would be my recommended approach, seeing that the user profile is responsible for the majority of user-reported problems. If we want to include a user profile migration (which indeed can be reasonable if we want to offer a better user experience) then my advice is that we should accompany it with a "reset profile" functionality available from within the GUI, working more or less like the user interface language settings (you change it from the GUI and changes are visible when you restart OpenOffice).

Does somebody know, if the migration of installed extensions from OOo
2.x to OOo 3.x ever worked?

Migration of user data worked. I don't recall if migration of extensions was working, but, based on the fact that surely this wasn't a major discussion at the time, I would say that it was either disabled or working, since nobody complained. However, the migration wizard could also limit itself to migrating the user data without extensions, since dictionary extensions might conflict with bundled extensions.

Regards,
  Andrea.