On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 5:44 AM, Joost Andrae <joost.and...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Oracle Cloud Office cannot be compared with developments like StarPortal or
> Sun ONE Webtop that needed office processes to run on client side. Oracle
> Cloud Office used the ODF file format to render it by using JavaScript. OTOH
> bulk document conversions were done by an office process on server side.
> Oracle Cloud Office scaled far better.

Joost,

Very interesting information.

However, I never,ever ever ever mentioned any ORCL product so I don´t
know why you bring that up :)

Personally, I´d just envisioned a way to put Apache OpenOffice on my
Linux server and be able to acess it from my Nokia N800 tablet running
Mer Linux and a VNC client, among other older systems, but in a
seamless way, not running a full vnc session with Linux windows
manager etc....

I also have a pair of IBM Network Stations (powerpc) that I can use as
thin clients by booting the FreeBSD port tailored for those.

FC

Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un
Acto Revolucionario
- George Orwell