On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Inge Wallin <i...@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> On Friday, January 18, 2013 15:21:01 Ian Lynch wrote:
>> >
>> > We don´t *need* ONE thing. That´s the beauty of open source, ´we´
>> > could do *several* things.
>>
>> Well yes, but it is more efficient to do one thing that covers many
>> needs rather than try and do many things with not enough resource.
>>
>> > I for one don´t ´need´ an AJAX / HTML5 version of AOO... GDocs is fine...
>>
>> A lot of people would say yes but GDocs is not open source.
>> Some people would say MS Office is fine and others would say Koffice.
>> Question is whether or not we want a long term sustainable project for
>> the community or one that will get more and more marginalised.
>
> As a side note: While I am happy that KOffice is mentioned now and then on
> this list, I think it would be proper to mention the Calligra Suite instead.
> KOffice is not being developed any more while Calligra is running full speed
> ahead.

Hi Inge,

Thanks for the reminder.  Getting people to recognize a name change
takes time, and repetition.  We still see on a daily basis people
expressing surprise to learn that OpenOffice is now at Apache.

Are you planning to be at the KDE conference in July in Bilbao?   It
might good to have someone from AOO attend.  Aside from the obvious
common interest in ODF, it would be interesting to see if there are
any other opportunities for collaboration.

Regards,

-Rob