sorry for the top-posting.
Android doesn't give me a lot of choice.

My current employment is deploying opensource software for libraries, so I
am profiting modestly from developers' work that I didn't pay for, exept
when the company pays one or another of them as a contractor to solve an
issue we can't sort out.

I do not think the projects are being molded in our company image.  At the
moment, AOO is not one of the projects we are actively marketing. Since I
have a personal interest in AOO, I would like to see ways I could sell AOO
to my managers as a product to support and offer to our members/patrons.

True, profits do not always rain down on opensource developers. If there
are no profits available from leveraging FOSS, then there is nothing to
send back to the projects in any fashion, is there?

Wolf Halton
http://sourcefreedom.com
Apache developer:
wolfhal...@apache.org