----- Messaggio originale -----

> Da: Andrea Pescetti

> Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>  It would be good to tun a RAT scan over the website. We have not done
>>  anything to clean the content licensewise and we probably carry
>>  copyleft content, including code, there!
>
> The website contains gigabytes of materials for which we are probably unable
> trace detailed history and licensing, since they come from multiple CVS
> repositories, then lost and migrated to multiple SVN repositories, then lost
> and
> migrated to the current tree.
>
> So a RAT scan wouldn't probably yield anything actionable.
>
> The only thing we know for sure is that all those materials were contributed
> be put on the openoffice.org website and that we are continuing to keep them
> online. Even if there is copyleft content or code I believe it will be fine
> so
> long as we don't put it in a release (and it won't happen that some site
> contents go into a release without a thorough check).

If we are distributing code there it is our responsibility.

I am afraid there are also tarballs that deserve special consideration.
I recall we were carrying a GPL'd slovenian dictionary (not sure if I finally
got rid of it). Some content like the SDK should be verified for licensing
content and updated.

The fact that information was transfered through CVS and SVN or whatever
is irrelevant we should know what we have and ultimately after any cleanup
SVN will remember what we had in there.

I understand we are underpowered to fix all that but the biggest problem is
that we don't have any accounting over the content there, so it's a can of
worms waiting to be opened.

Pedro.