Hi.

We have just completed the last optimization of wiki.o.o, which means that
it has entered maintenance mode.

There is one outstanding bugzilla issue, which will be implemented if we
can find a supported solution.

Now would be a good time to think about the other things we have discussed
earlier:
- Move cwiki to mwiki.
   this has been discussed/decided earlier, but might need a positive
decision.
   I for one find it very confusing to look in 2 wikis for the same
information (e.g. build instructions)
- Mark outdated paged with category outdated, and symbol on page
  A lot of the information in wiki is outdated and superseeded by new
pages, its hard to find the correct info.
  If outpdated paged had the category "outdated" it would be easy to change
search to excluded these
- Put categories on all pages, and structure the pages
  Due to the very limited maintenance the page structure and catagory usage
seems very random.

We can hopefully expect high traffic volume when we release 4.0, which
gives a natural timelimit when the wiki should be streamlined. Unless of
course, the community does not find it embarrasing to have text like:

"Teams
This section is partly outdated. Visit Apache
OpenOffice<http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/index.html>for
actual information."

on the front page, highlighting the priority of maintaining the wiki.

Doing the work needed is too much for one person, it requires a small team.
And based on my experience touching information can generate a lot of
feelings, so the team should preferable contain enough "old" volunteers to
guarantee that the changes are done historically correct.

I will keep doing the running maintenance of the wiki2 server.

Rgds
jan I.