Hi,

On 04.02.2013 21:58, Hagar Delest wrote:
Le 04/02/2013 12:20, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann a écrit :
I got an influenza the 18th which knocked me down for 8 days.

Funny, I got mine on 22nd!

Back in the office last week I need to renew my complete system -
harddisk crash.

Funny again, my in-laws machine got a problem too. I could install
Ubuntu on a clean area of the HD but couldn't use the Windows partition
anymore.

Here is what I have already figured out about the crashes which seemed
to be caused by a "corrupted" user profile:
[...]
Currently, I have not observed a crash with a new user profile.

However there are cases where the new profile still crashes (as for my
in-laws for example).

I have now observed a crash with a new profile.
"Setup":
- Install and Run OOo 3.3 (en-US)
- Upgrade to AOO 3.4.1 (en-US)
- Run AOO 3.4.1
--> existing OOo 3.3 user profile is used --> crashes (category A) triggered via update check of installed extensions
- Remove user profile
- Run AOO 3.4.1
--> new user profile is created, but somehow the extension manager shows the bundled extensions from OOo 3.3 (three dictionaries)
--> crashes (category B) triggered via update check of installed extensions

A possible "workaround" for crashes of category B is:
- Remove $USERPROFILE/3/user/extensions/bundled/extensions.pmap

A possible "workaround" for crashes of category A is:
- Remove $USERPROFILE/3/user/extensions/bundled/extensions.pmap|.db

I will continue my investigations, but may be not this week, because I am busy with some other stuff.

Best regards, Oliver.

I am currently trying to collect "corrupted" user profiles from users
who are reporting such crashes.

So on my in-laws machine, I took their profile and tried it on the new
Ubuntu partition: no crash after several minutes and several documents
opened, including one that used to make AOO crash.
Then I took that same original profile on my Ubuntu system, same result.
Then I tried on my Windows Seven partition, same result, no crash. The
only bias when trying on Win 7 is that I had switched off the internet
access to avoid the many updates that I would have had to install (I
boot Windows once or twice a year, only for corner case tests like that).

Hagar