Hi Stuart,

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 02:25:13AM +0000, V Stuart Foote wrote:
> Steve, Ariel
>
> Installed Ariel's posted ia2 branch build "Run as Administrator", and
> also captured a verbose install log.
>
> AOO350m1(Build:9611)  -  Rev. 1441343 2013-02-04 20:38:26 -0300 (lun,
> 04 feb 2013)
>
> Windows 7 sp1 64-bit Oracle Java JRE 1.7u11
>
> Verified the UaccCOM.dll is registered at:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\B4197A678F2F566AC9CE342EB80665B2
> as 346FD3847C37D3440BBCC0FF600F4DEA with a string value of C:\Program
> Files (x86)\Apache OpenOffice 3\program\UAccCOM.dll
>
> However, when running the ia2 branch as a user in the Administrators
> group,

Note that I am also in the Administrators category, but it didn't work,
I had to run OpenOffice as Administrator (right-click on the Desktop
shortcut, select "Run as administrator").

> and monitoring with a11y's AccProbe Eclipse RCP probe as well
> as the MS AccEvent I am not seeing IAccessible2 events, only MSAA. The
> UI Access mode of AccEvent listings are also very sparse.
>
> Kind of interesting is that AccProbe shows all only a few of the msaa
> components "howFound" from Navigating the Tree--with most "howFound"
> values of AtPoint:java.awt.Point from browsing the GUI. No event
> tracking in the probes--and it follows that NVDA is mute.
>
> Am I missing something? Ariel on your Windows box are you running an
> Oracle 7 JRE, or Just the JDK 6 you built against?

I have several Java versions, OpenOffice is configured to run with JRE
7.

> Going to try removing JRE 1.7u11 and backing up to 1.6u39 to see if
> that has an impact, but if IAccessibile2 is functional--should not
> need a JRE, right?

When running as a normal user (even in the Administrators category),
OpenOffice was using Java, the ia2 component and COM were not even
loaded; running the program as administrator made ia2 work.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina