On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Samer Mansour <samer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1) Can I suggest we make the graphic change maybe 3-5 days before DFD.
> Make an earlier blog post letting people know its coming up. We should go
> viral before the day.

I agree.  Even though the actual even is on a specific day we'll get
more notice if we start a few days ahead of time.

> I could create a small page about AOO and DFD and what it means to us.
> Much like the download page, we can assign the social platform meta-data
> image and text to the one we're promoting AOO with.  We could then link it
> to the early and day-of blog posts.

So the idea would be that visitors could like or share that page to
their social network?  I like that idea.  Anything that we can do to
turn it into a two-way engagement/sharing will be more effective than
simply broadcasting information in a single direction.

For example, with IMLD, the actual blog post did not get much of a
response, but a simple Facebook post asking the question "How do you
say 'free software' in your Mother Language?" got 45 comments, 44
likes, and 2 shares.

> - - - - -
> PAGE META DATA
> [Image=AOO-DFD-Doodle.png]
> [Title="Apache OpenOffice celebrates DFD, learn more here."]
> [Text="AOO is committed to support ODF standards so that everyone can
> access their information independent of the tools and suites they use.
> Learn more here."]
>
> IN TYPICAL OO.org PAGE TEMPLATE
> [Short brief about what it means to us. Benefits to society, talk about
> owning your information and having the freedom to move to other office
> suites and OS/Technology platforms. Talk about how we support multiple
> platforms for that freedom. Windows to Linux to OS X]
>
> Let your friends know its document freedom day on March 27th:
> [Share Facebook] [Share Twitter] [Share Google+]
>
> Are you ready to be free? [Download Apache OpenOffice Today! possibly
> href'd image]
> - - - - -

"Liberate your documents" is a common DFD expression we could work with..

-Rob