Le 26/03/2013 15:05, Rob Weir a écrit :
But I think we should align with the user's thinking at this point.
They've launched OpenOffice, presumable *to do a task*.  They are not
researching the license.  They are not looking to find out the list of
OpenOffice contributors.  They have work to do and the splash screen
is only a delay for them.  So I'd keep it simple and focus mainly on
reassuring the user that they are in the right place, i.e., confirm
what app they are loading and that it actually is loading.

+1.
Keep it simple. Any complicated animation (like MSO for example) could make the
user think that the resource is used for a splash screen he doesn't care about.
Just load the application, that's all.
However, the progress bar is a good hint to show how the loading is going.

Something that could be improved: the splash screen is a real help for the user
since he knows that the application is actually loading. It should not
disappear until the start center or the document is displayed. Today, there is
a gap and the splash screen disappear before AOO is displayed. What's the
problem you would say: when there is a problem, the splash screen disappears
and then nothing... So the user is lost: what happened? This is not that rare
in the forum. At least if the splash screen is still on display and freezes, it
clearly tells that there is a problem.

Hagar