In discussions with infra, (mine and Andrea's) an idea has been hatched to create a CentOS buildbot.
This would replace the defunct linux32 bot (previously ubuntu 10.4).
In addition to changing the OS, we will also build this on the machine currently hosting the linux64 build. That bot has a whole machine to itself, so instead of a lightly used linux64 bot, the idea is to have a heavily used linux32 bot, with a flow for (most) every branch, for snapshots, and potentially for automated testing.

Here's the question:

What version of CentOS do we want on this machine? We want the snapshot builds to be fully usable. (are there any other requirements we need to consider when building this machine?)

A.