Hi,

On 03.04.2013 00:37, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Andrew Rist wrote:
What version of CentOS do we want on this machine? We want the snapshot
builds to be fully usable.

I'll write here the reasoning behind this, so that it can be corrected
if needed.

Ariel's special version available at http://www.openoffice.org/porting/
uses glibc 2.5. It satisfies all users, including Red Hat 5 (and, fully
compatible, CentOS 5) users. So adopting this as a baseline should
guarantee that our binaries run on almost all vendor-supported
distributions. Red Hat 5 and CentOS 5 are quite old but still supported
from their vendors, and reasonably common in corporate environments.

Ariel's input would be very valuable here as I agree to Andrea that we should try to statisfy as much user's environments as possible.

Best regards, Oliver.