On 01/04/2013 janI wrote:
A volunteer does not need to be an expert, that can be learned, possibility
to react swiftly to alers in your TZ is the key. General knowledge about
mysql/php is a clear advantage. In general we talk about 1-2 hours work pr
month, not including upgrades.

Adding to what Jan wrote: we now have more granular access levels, so that we can have a class of volunteers who can only restart services (which is often enough in case of a sudden problem). This means you shouldn't be scared of having too many privileges and possibly break the setup, since privileges will be exactly enough to do what is needed.

We can give these privileges a couple of volunteers if available, don't be shy! You need to be an OpenOffice committer and have a reasonable knowledge of Linux system administration (not much, but at least being able to manage services from the command line). Again, American timezones are not covered at the moment so it's best to have volunteers from there, but any help is welcome. Anyone?

Regards,
  Andrea.