On 10.04.2013 12:11, janI wrote:
On 10 April 2013 11:48, Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi community,

the first phase of the sidebar development is complete.  The sidebar
is now feature complete, ie all panels that are planned for the 4.0
release are now available.

More importantly: we have just merged the sidebar branch into trunk.
That means that from now on, every build of trunk will contain the
sidebar.  It is active by default and ready for use.

The next phase will concentrate on two things:

- Improving usability and appearance.

- Finding and fixing bugs.

Everyone of you can help with both points: please try out the sidebar
and tell us about everything that does not work or that you don't
like.  If you find an error then please look at [1] to see if
something like this is already known.  If not, please write a new
issue for it.
For everything else we have this mailing list.

Congratulations with the big work to everyone that participated !

A small question is someone looking at documenting this new feature,
including online doc ?

Thanks. I will be doing some documentation. I plan to do a blog post, convert the Sidebar wiki page into something targeted at end users and create a new wiki page for developers that want to write new panels. I do not plan to write a help text.
Any help in this area would be welcome.

-Andre

rgds
jan I.