On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 26 April 2013 18:52, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Claudio Filho <filh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi

>> > Only to give an out perspective, this "highlighted" can return against
>> we,
>> > as a incomplete or immature development.
>> >
>> > Imho, an important feature of aoo project is its concern in bring and
>> > deliver a product with high quality. So, the PoV of Ariel and Jan are
>> solid.
>> >

>> Then all the more reason for someone who cares to enter an issue into
>> BZ for this.  Don't you agree?
>>

> I have not seen BZ yet for problems/shortcomming with new features in
> development (e.g. where are the detailed outstandings of IA2, jsc 3 layer
> change etc). The help/documentation issue is part of the general sidebar
> development, but of course  we can make one big extra BZ for the 4.0
> release just to please the administrative overhead.

Actually, we just completed a test pass of the Sidebar, a "new
feature", and 65 new defects reports are in BZ.   We use Bugzilla for
tracking these things, even for new features.  Once the developers
have integrated the code into the trunk, posted a build and asked for
testing to begin, then we use BZ for tracking issues.

> making BZ for problems/missing with ongoing development is highly
> problematic, I could f.x. make about 10 BZ for genLang, and I am pretty
> sure the sidebar developers/documenters/testers could make about at least
> 100 BZ if they wanted to. It would simply flood BZ, make real problems
> harder to spot, and put an extra burden on the people doing the work.  I
> f.x. have a simply list with my outstandings,which is quite normal during
> the development/initial test phase.

genLang isn't checked into the trunk, a build posted and a call for
testing started, right?  See the difference?

> making a special BZ for this issue, is in my opinion just an administrativ
> trix, it does not change 1 millimeter about the fact, that we have both a
> challenge. And also I dont understand why you separate this issue from all
> the other open issues with sidebar.

I don''t see why you are separating this issue from all the other
sidebar issues, which are, as I indicate, in BZ already.

> We should be focussing a lot more on solving our challenges !!

And one way you can help is to enter issues with integrated features
into Bugzilla.  Though obviously you are just refusing, for
stubbornness sake to do this. At this point I'm pretty sure if I
suggested you should drink water you would rather go thirsty than do
something that I suggested.  So be it...

> Discussing whether or not help is  integrated after both developers and
> documenters have told it is not, or whether or not a BZ should be filled
> out are not positive for the process or for our community.

I agree that discussing it is silly.  You should just enter the issue
and BZ and stop talking about it.

-Rob

> This is of course my private meaning, but we have a real tendency at the
> moment to discuss the administrative surrounding and not the kernel issues.
> I do not understand, why that is, but I strongly believe it signals
> something negative.
>
> Lets try to focus on the problems, make solutions...not administrative
> stoppers, any objections to that ?

Focus