On 02.05.2013 00:57, Kay Schenk wrote:
On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 4:11 AM, Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 13:03:10 +0200
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi,

On 29.04.2013 10:02, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:22:16 +0200
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have just noticed that the epm source package - build requirement
for
Linux platform - is no longer available via [1] as easysw.com has
closed
its doors. This is also the reason why our working Linux buildbots
could
not successfully perform the build.

Does somebody has an alternative download URL?

[1] http://ftp.easysw.com/pub/epm/3.7/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz

Best regards, Oliver.

A quick search suggests that the source is moving to
http://www.msweet.org/projects.php?Z2

More details are given at
http://www.msweet.org/about.php

Thanks for providing this possible new resource.
My quick search was not as sucessful as yours.

Sorry
  my last post go away, as posts sometimes do!

I use the term "quick search" to mean "here is what looks like a good hit
- I haven't time to search further".

It is worth reading the details at the second URL - the code is the same,
from the same author - the transfer is due to commercial restructuring.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>

The correct link (4.2) seems to be:

http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-4.2-source.tar.bz2

But, since we have epm in extras already -- well 3.7. For some reason I
thought the builds got the packs from extras if the link failed, or is this
a configure option that would need to be changed?

Epm is treated special, like dmake, because of its GPL license. We would have dropped epm but we still don't have a replacement.

There is also the version that we use at the moment:
http://www.msweet.org/files/project2/epm-3.7-source.tar.gz
it even has the right MD5 checksum so we don't have to change main/epm/makefile.mk

The only thing that has to be changed is configure.in, where there is a suggestion for the download (line 132 where the --with-epm-url option is defined).

But copying it to apache extras would probably be better.

Any volunteers to make the necessary changes?

-Andre