On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> The survey ran for a week,and received over 5000 responses.  I wrote
> up the results, along with some charts, and put them here:
>
> http://survey.openoffice.org/reports/aoo40-logo-poll/

When I wanted to vote, it was over already.

I personally wouldn't lose any time redesigning the visual identity UNLESS
the new design is clearly superior with the old one, and there's concensus
that there's SOMETHING WRONG with the old one to begin with.

You don't see corporations changing their logos very much, if at all,
sometimes, it can have disastrous results. Why change something has very
positive brand recognition?.

If it's a minor restyling, maybe, but even small changes can have
disastrous results.
Think New Coke

Of couse, I'm the minority in this view and if you've gone so far I suspect
you're going to change it anyway.

FC
act
- George Orwell