Hi There

I have been distributing OO Cds since 2002, from my website
http://openoffice.org.nz/.

This is mostly an exercise in helping distribute OpenOffice, rather than a
money maker.  I sell the CDs for around $3.50 USD, and after all the CD
printing, Package printing, CD Burning expenses there is no profit.

I know this is not a huge contribution, however I have sold around 3,700 OO
CDs in New Zealand over the last 10 years, which possibly helps in a little
way.

When I started this local project, internet speeds were slow, and many
people found it difficult to download a big piece of software like Open
Office, so a CD distribution option was really helpful.  This is far less
the case these days, however, some people still like to get nicely printed
physical CDs.

Anyway, it would be of great help to have a page like the one below
reinstated as a link from the Open Office download page:
http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/cdrom/sellers.html

My suggestion for vetting distributors is two fold:
1) All CD distributors websites should have a clear indication that
OpenOffice is free to download, plus a link back to the download page.

2) Maybe distributors should have to occasionally send a physical CD to
someone in the Open Office distro team, so that they can vet the CD has the
most recent version of the software on it.

Thanks for listening

Chris...

--
Say it with Puppies: http://www.puppytext.com/