Hi Rob,

This is a very well written summary of the situation with Code Signing.

The main concern that the ASF has with digitally signing with a singular
apache.org certificate for the whole foundation is keeping it in strict
control. For some this means physical machines. This is a high bar.

I wonder if the ASF would allow AOO to experiment with an OpenOffice.org
codesigning certificate?

We never thought we would get the wildcard certificate, but hey who knows?

Regards,
Dave