Hi,

On 31.05.2013 01:28, Andrew Rist wrote:

[snip]

I have seen that #621 of aoo-win7 also had this error and
that you
had
again cleaned up the hanging processes.

In order to get some error output I will switch off the HTML
output
(no
"--html" option) and the multiprocessor build (no "-P2 -- -P2"
options)
before the weekly clean build of aoo-win7 and for the aoo-w7ia2
build
which is always clean.

Build #113 of aoo-w7ia2 went well.
The failure occured just because I forgot to disable the
collection of
the HTML build logs.
I'm confused - was there something wrong with the w7ia2 build. The
previous two builds were clean:
http://ci.apache.org/builders/aoo-w7ia2
Other than stumbling over hung processes, I don't think there
is an
issue with ia2.

We had observed the problem of the hanging process.
#105 had hanging process
#106 went well after your process cleaning
#107, #108, #109, #110 had again problems with hanging processes
#111 went well after your process cleaning
#112 the first successful build without your invention
#113 went well with my first temporary investigation stuff -
failure
just because of error in copying non-existing HTML logs.
#114 went well with my second investigation stuff

I decided to do some investigation stuff as the problem showed
up two
times in the last days. Currently, we do not hit the problem. But
when
it occurs again, we will have some more information due to the
different
logging. The problem of the current HTML logging is that we do not
have
it, when the hanging process error occurs.

As #114 went well I will now switch on the default multiprocesses
builds
- 2 modules built in parallel with each using 2 make/dmake
processes.

#115 build of aoo-w7ia2 having standard multiprocessor builds
(options
"-P2 -- -P2") went well.
I will leave the HTML output switched off until Monday. May be the
problem with the hanging process occurs. Then we have some output
when
and where it occurs.

#117 build of aoo-w7ia2 showed again the error.
Thus, following #118 build fails - it could not remove
/ext_libraries/apr/wntmcsi12/misc/apr-1.4.5/Makefile.win

Andrew, can you please kill the hanging processes.
Cleaned up - fingers crossed that this works.  great work.

Thanks for the cleaning - #120 build of aoo-w7ia2 went well

I will switch on the HTML output for aoo-w7ia2 again.
I will mark the log collection task to be always performed - may be this
will give us HTML logs even when a failure occurs.

The Bad: #121 build of aoo-w7ia2 failed again.
The Good: The HTML log collection in case of such a failure works.

The HTML logs of #121 (which will be overwritten by the next build)
reveals that modules apr and sc were built successfully, but the
'deliver' steps were not performed. I assume this is again caused by
one (or more) hanging process(es)

@Andrew:
When you have time, please have a look at the machine. If possible,
please provide information about the hanging processes in case they
are existing and causing again the failure.
hung process:
cl /nologo /?
with a parent process of:
C:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe -c "dmake -P2 verbose=true > [long path]/apr.txt 2>&1"
with the parent process of:
[long path]\build.pl --all --html -P -- -P

(all I need to clean up is to kill the cl process, and the others
eventually exit)
(and it's cleaned up now)

First, thanks again for the clean up.

Second, why is there still a "cl /nologo /?" process?
Because, I am too stupid. I have made the change to the apr makefile (removing the call to this process) on trunk and did not integrate this change into branch ia2.
I will catch up on it next week.

A.

As nobody else showed up I am volunteering to take care for our
Windows buildbots. Andrew, can you support me to get the corresponding
karma to have direct access to the machine(s) hosting our Windows
buildbots?
I'll look for you coming online, and we can do that over IRC

Did you mean the IRC from ASF infra?
If we want to do it via IRC (via the ASF Infra one or another one) I think we need to make an appointment. In general our working hours are more or less not overlapping.

Best regards, Oliver.