Hi,

On 17.05.2013 01:57, Andrew Rist wrote:

our buildbot building trunk nightly for windows has problems in modul
apr since a couple of days.
Unfortunately, the log does provide nothing for a reason not known to
me.

Thus, I will try to investigate the problem.
Hopefully, I can change the buildbot script to get the build output
directly on stdout instead of as html. The html output is currently
not
containing the corresponding information about the build of module
apr.

Done and Thx to Herbert triggering a clean build.
Unfortunately, the build was successful. Thus, I assume the reason
that we had no nightly windows builds from trunk since 2013-04-28 was
that no clean build had been performed.
This is not the case.  The clean build is not the panacea you see it
as.  As mentioned in several other communications, I went onto the box
and cleaned up some processes that were hung (win7, win7snap, and
win7ia2).  All built successfully - even though the other two were
incremental.   The hung processes tend to occur /more/ during clean
builds - not all the time, just more often.  Thus, clean builds are more
likely to create this type of build failure, they are not a fix as
you're suggesting.

Thanks for the information.
In order to have something more tangible for fixing this defect of
hanging build processes I propose to start an corresponding
investigation.
Sounds good...

thx, for the +1

At least we should have a look after each build, esp. after each clean
build, if there are processes which hang.
Andrew, can only you perform such an investigation, because (as far as
I know) you are the only who have direct access on the machine?
This I am not signing up for - I can't really commit to having the time
to focus on this.  I will help interacting with infra to get access for
any committer that wants to take this on..
(I will look next time we get one of these and at least specifically
identify what process is hanging and post that back, but I am afraid the
debugging of the stack is going to be a bit more involved)

Sorry, again a misunderstanding.
I just wanted to know, if currently only you had the karma to perform such an investigation - I did not meant that you have to perform it. Thus, it would be great (and needed), that one or two or three volunteers show up in order to take responsibility here. Thanks to Andrew for the offer to interact with infra for getting the karma for these volunteers.

Who has interest to take responsibility here?

Best regards, Oliver.

A.

Best regards, Oliver.