-------- Original Message  --------
From: Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org <dev@openoffice.apache.org>, Dennis
Hamilton <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 08:45:32 -0400

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orc...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I think if the "Apache" is made thicker by using Bold and a touch darker
>> grey, it will work much better, at least as positioned in the Rottensteiner
>> Stage 2 refinement.  It also gives "Apache" more (symbolic) weight without
>> overpowering the "OpenOffice" part.
>>
>> I agree one wants to use the best of resampled PNG and regenerated SVG at
>> the lower size.  Also, if the SVG has hints about the visually-intended size
>> (at whatever pixel resolution), the fonts may be adjusted automatically to
>> avoid excessive thinning at smaller presentation sizes.  Then there are the
>> tricks needed when rasterization also becomes significant.
>>

> Right.  And I hope that no one thinks that we're voting for pixels
> carved in marble.  We're voting on a design.  I'd expect ordinary
> technical adjustments to be made to suit the scale and medium of a
> particular use.  It should feel the same to a user, of course.  That's
> the advantage of having the vector source to a logo.  With the current
> logo it has been difficult to work with, since we only have the orb as
> a bitmap.
>
> -Rob

Maybe I am missing something here (very possible), but I have the
current logo and a couple of variants in svg format. If required I would
be happy to upload them.

If someone would be kind enough to advise me how to create a public html
page ~bmcs (like https://people.apache.org/~arielch/), I will put all
the OOo & AOO related svg images I have collected there.

Dave