@JanI,

Uh oh.

If you don't have explicit agreement from the contributor(s) to a page
concerning it being offered under a different license, either leave the
existing license or remove the content.  Those are the only legally-sanitary
options for works still under copyright.

Declaring a work still in copyright to be orphaned does not give you permission
to republish it with a different license.  Copyright doesn't work that way, not
merely in the US.

Secondly, the web site and wiki content were not, as far as I know, included in
the grant from Oracle. There has clearly been no objection, the domains were
transferred to the ASF, but technically that does not in any way change the
copyright status of any of the content.  (The source-code grant, by the way,
did not transfer any copyright to the ASF.  It simply provided a license to the
ASF that allowed the ASF to publish and make derivatives under its license.
Copyright in the original content continues to abide with Oracle.)

While casual treatment of this sort of thing succeeds in some situations, here
the interests and concerns of The Apache Software Foundation as a
public-interest entity come into play.  It is expected that folks on Apache
projects will play nice with the intellectual property of others.

In particular,

   2) We are allowed to copy  the pages, with changes, and the new page can be
      under a new license

is not ever automatically true.  If there is already a license, the terms of
that license will determine what is possible with a derivative work ("with
changes").  Even copying is an exclusive right of the copyright holder, so the
license matters there too.  In the absence of a license, (2) is not permitted
at all by anyone but the copyright holder or someone authorized by the
copyright holder (i.e., being licensed to do so).

Finally, and most important, making changes does not give anyone different
rights to the parts that survive from the original work.  (Fine points about
license conditions apply here, but one should never assume that a legitimate
licensing of a derivative work has any impact on the IP interests in the
surviving content of the original work.)

 - Dennis