Kay Schenk wrote:
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:

On 11 July 2013 21:47, janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:

On 11 July 2013 18:47, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a question about the archived message on this page:

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Porting_to_x86-64_%28AMD64,_EM64T%29

*"This page is archived for historical reasons only"

*I think this showed up due to the
{{historical}}
tag added, and dropping the category tags.

  I'd like to change the wording on this tag a little. Can someone point
me
in the right direction for doing this?

I can for now tell where you cannot find it :-(

It is NOT in
- the code (message tables).
- special::system messages
- Interface messages

In short I cannot find the text, but maybe clayton has an idea.

I suggest you "outdated" instead of historical, that gives a better
wording.

i would be happy to if I could find where to change this. I would not only
say it is outdated but also that  the links supplied  may be outdated or
not directing to their original source. And,  that it is unlikely that the
page will be reinstated.  Finally, I would say that the page exists ONLY
for historical purposes.

Kay;
{{Historical}} is a template file and is located at http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Template:Historical. Although it can be edited with the proper karma, (I believe you must be a sysop) before changing it an investigation should be done on any other pages that use it to see if the changes would negatively effect any of them. I did a quick check with the "What Links Here" in the Left sidebar and there are 20 pages listed that would need to be checked. I can help you with this if you would like as I do have the karma to edit templates.

The I believe the "outdated" that Jani referred to is also a template and is located at http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Template:Documentation/Outdated. It would e referenced in the article as {{Documentation/Outdated}}. I strongly recommend against eiting this one as there are potentially many links to it that would need to be checked.

Regards
Keith

rgds
jan I.

Thanks.

MzK

"Every day we should hear at least one little song,
  read one good poem, see one exquisite picture,
  and, if possible, speak a few sensible words."
                              -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe