Am 07/31/2013 01:33 PM, schrieb janI:
Moving conversation to dev@

On 31 July 2013 13:28, Jürgen Schmidt<jogischm...@gmail.com>  wrote:

On 7/31/13 1:07 PM, janI wrote:
Hi.

Based on a discussion today on IRC, I would like to draw your attention
to the following challenge. henkp is cc because he is the infra person
doing the rsync magic.

ASF has a policy that incubator/xxx should be removed when the project
graduates. We still have our 3.4.1 (and 3.3.0) release stored under
incubator.

As part of cleaning rsync, infra want to enforce the policy, but of
course respect and understand our need to have 3.4.1 available to users
(especially because 3.4.1 contains languages not released in 4.0).

I see the following possibilities:

1) remove openoffice from incubator, but leave version 3.3.0 and 3.4.1
(with language packs) on the SF mirror. This is preferred by infra.

+1 to keep it on SF

2) remove 3.3.0 since its a legacy version, and move 3.4.1 parallel to
4.0. This is however an expensive operation for all mirror, and should
only be done if we anticipate patches for 3.4.1

Removing 3.3 is ok to me but I see demand for keeping 3.4.1. Having it
besides 4.0 would be natural but needs some work in the download scripts

Just for me, do you prefer 1) or 2) ... I personally dont see a big need to
keep 3.4.1 on our servers.

+1 to keep 3.4.1. But no need on Apache servers. On SF it should be enough.

Marcus

3) persuade infra to keep incubator for 3.4.1, but limit the footprint
as much as possible, remove 3.3.0 and put a timelimit up.

I believe we can manage to move it out of the incubator in some way.

We are also adviced, that if/when we change our layout infra need to be
adviced well in advance. In my opinion we should consider not using
externaldist, but have the total release in one folder with subfolders.

Well externaldist was not our idea and I copied the files in this
structure of advice from infra. We should first clarify what's preferred
here. "externaldist" caused some confusion and extra work on our side as
well.

We can move the discussion to dev@ is nobody objects.

yes let's move to dev

Juergen