On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Edward Kuang <ekua...@ucsc.edu> wrote:

> My name is Edward and I'm from the bay area in California. I'm a university
> student in my second year studying computer science. I use OpenOffice and I
> like it. Contributing to this project would improve my coding skills as
> well as making the project better. I've never worked on an open source
> project before and was wondering if this is a good first project to
> contribute to. I realize that the scope of the project is immense, but
> because there are so many people working on it, I'll get a lot of help too.
> I'm free most nights during the summer and I figured this would be quite
> productive for me. Thanks for your time.
>
> -Ed

Hello Edward, and thanks for contacting the development list. I think you
would find working with Apache OpenOffice a very productive use of your
time!

We usually point new volunteers to our Orientation page:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/index.html

Level 3 covers Development, an area we hope you'll find useful.

But, as you say, this is a large project  where you find lots of helpful
folks.

Thanks for your interest.

MzK

Success is falling nine times and getting up ten."
                             -- Jon Bon Jovi