Jane, you received answers. Find them here: http://markmail.org/thread/pcpf2ofr7j3vs2mr Andrea

Jane McArdle wrote:
I have hated open office for years and now at my job I am required to use
it  I had to update to 4.0 and have had nothing but problems sense then
first I lost 2 documents while i was down loading. I finally redid them
because recovery is a joke. Yesterday evening I was doing some personal
stuff and to my surprise open office crashed and can not recovery my
document  this is not really a problem because like i said it was a
personal document and i can get it from my history.. This morning when i
returned to work Open office crashed again. So now I know the reason i
don't use open office  I have had to try to recover 4 documents in 24
hours. So thank you very much for "improving" my life with your bug filled
updates you are almost as bad as Mozilla which with ever update makes my
  life hell.