2013/8/13 Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org>

> On 8/13/13, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:04 AM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org>
> wrote:

> >> AOOLogos
> >> identify

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/images/AOO_logos/Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_selected_2013-06_optim_300w.png?view=log

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branding/Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_selected_2013-06_Inkscape_kg.svg

> "master-logo-40.svg"

> >> incrementally

> >> I think that 'complication' is the lesser of two evils., compared to
> >> having to manage a ever growing ammount of images. And beside that, do
> >> you
> >> realize the difference in objectives between ooo-site/images/
> >> ooo-site/marketing/art/images/ and ooo-site/branding/images.
> >>
> >> I dont see any reason why those issues should impact the web works of
> >> ooo-site/images/. That folder is for website-design related work. It
> has,
> >> or shouldnt hold any porpouse to archieve past work, nor to hold
> >> description of any kind. I think website should be as lean and easy to
> >> follow since we expect these conventions be followed by a rotating
> >> community. So again K.I.S.S.
> >>

> > No, it shouldn't. The ooo-site/images areas got the logo added to it
> simply
> > because to make it easier to locate it. The other images files there
> belong
> > to the home page.  The svg sub-directory here is really the mis-placed
> one.
>
> Actually I would like to see getting rid of the rasterize images
> instead. Modern browsers already process SVG natively without issues.

Well, that's not completely true: even if not "modern" any more there are
literally millions of people still using internet explorer 8 or even older
versions, and SVG support was *partially* implemented only from IE9. IE8
needs a plug-in for SVG rendering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics#Compatibility

Regards
Ricardo