On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Alexandro Colorado <j...@oooes.org> wrote:

> On 8/12/13, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 6:25 AM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> has
> >> been
> >> clean up

> >> it
> selected,
> >> the

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/ooo-site/trunk/content/images/AOO_logos/Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_selected_2013-06_optim_300w.png?view=log

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branding/Apache_OpenOffice_Logo_ChrisR_selected_2013-06_Inkscape_kg.svg

> >> Here's the complication:   The old logos are still relevant some some
> >> purposes.  For example, the PMC receives ongoing requests to approve
> >> use of the old OpenOffice.org logo.  Why would that happen?  Often it
> >> is a request by publishers who are making an e-book version of an
> >> older print book.  If their original request did not include the
> >> e-book rights then they come back to us (and owners of every other
> >> image they use) to request additional permissions.
> >>
> >> So it may be possible, going forward, to store logos as SVN revisions
> >> under the same name.  But we cannot retroactively do this with
> >> pre-Apache logos.  And even if we could, this is harder for users of
> >> the logo to access.  It is much easier to have something like
> >> logo-330.svg available via HTTP.
> >>
> >> Of course you can have a hybrid approach:
> >>
> >> 1) When a new logo is introduced, svn copy the old one into a
> >> /old-logos directory with a new descriptive name.  This preserves the
> >> version history.
> >>
> >> 2) New logo then is checked in as a new revision of logo-master.svg.
> >>

> > I like this idea or something akin to it. We should definitely preserve
> > svgs for old logos in my opinion.  The new "branding" repository can be
>
> Why are you multiplicating image repositories, where Art already has
> one with the whole image structure clasified and versioned?

I'm putting the sources into the  "branding source" area, We had already
discussed this. Soon we will probably discuss deleting them *from* the
marketing/art area. The biggest problem right now is actually FINDING all
these.

For now, there will be some duplications.

Apache OpenOffice does not have the same structure as the old
OpenOffice.org with defined project areas, project area leaders, project
area committers etc.  So setting up the separate branding area was
discussed and these files are now being put there.