On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 09:08:36 -0400 (EDT)
vrt...@aol.com wrote:

> I have Open Office 3.3 on my laptop and find difficulty  deleting saved
> files.  It takes an inordinate amount of time to delete one  file and if I
> try
> to delete multiple files at once, two/three minutes (or  more) pass before
> the files are removed to the Recycle Bin.  How can I  speed up this operation
> as I have many saved files I no longer need on my  computer.  Please
> advise.  Thank  you.

What is your operating system - Windows, Mac, ... something else?  At what
level are you deleting - at system level (i.e, outside of OpenOffice - the best
way) or from within OpenOffice by right clicking on a file in the file dialogs
and selecting delete?

How much free space have you on your hard disk? Have you defragged recently?
How recently have you emptied your Recycle Bin?

Please reply to the list dev@openoffice.apache.org

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>