Hello,

> From: Rob Weir [mailto:robw...@apache.org]

> So what does this mean?

Thanks for the information.

> 1.  We're *not* promoting a separate version of OpenOffice.  There is
> no "IBM Edition" or "IBM OpenOffice".  Historically, these things,
> whether Novell Edition, or Oracle Open Office, have created conflicts
> and tensions.

well, tensions were probably other causes.

I and some of my clients (You know I offering professional support for
OpenOffice), regret that there is no specific AOO version for business user.

It is true that Sun had problems to assert itself with StarOffice in the
market, but IBM could do better.

It is a sovereign decision by IBM that does not want to, but I'm afraid it is
not an optimal decision. In any case, it was not a good signal to the market
only to publish this document:
http://oakmont.co.uk/Download/Symphony%20Apache%20Future%20FAQ%2002-2012.pdf

and now to see otherwise. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

> Our goal is to make the version of AOO that anyone can
> download from the www.openoffice.org stable enough for anyone,
> including our customers, to run.

In my opinion it is wrong to assume that a distribution of AOO would (whether
from IBM or other) directed against the interests of AOO itself.

That's just my opinion, I would not discuss it.

Greetings,
Jörg