On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:

> It would serve a few primary purposes:
>
> 1) A focused mailing list to help our volunteer admins coordinate
> maintenance of our project infrastructure, or at least that portion of
> it maintained by the project.
>
> 2) It would give a single point of contact for admin-related
> questions, outage reports and requests from project members or the
> public.
>
> 3) It would allow other parties interested in monitoring our admin
> discussion, say Infra@ members, to follow a more focused list.
>
> If this idea sounds good, we'd need the usual set of 3 or so
> moderators, geographically disbursed.

The proposal has been out for 8 days now.  Mostly +1's, though there
was the suggestion that we wait until there is an organized
admin-team.  But then I pointed out that this is not only for
sysadmins, but admins of other systems like Bugzilla, mailing list
admins, as well as being the list for incoming reports from the
public.  My impression was that satisfied any concerns.

To move this forward now I will need some list moderator volunteers
for the new list.  If you can help moderate, please respond with your
preferred moderator email address.

Note:  I'd like us to keep the admin on-topic.   So if moderators
receive emails asking product support questions, I'd expect them to be
rejected, with a note pointing the user to the forums and/or the user
mailing list.

Regards,

-Rob