On 12/09/2013 Kay Schenk wrote:
Did we reach a consensus on this one?
Wait until 4.1 to "officially" change java build environment to 7?
Buildbots are still at 6, although I know some of us are using 7 for
building with no problems.

We didn't reach consensus, the reason being (rather than disagreement) that it's unclear:
- what the proposal is about exactly
- what's broken in the current setup
- what's the impact on people who wish to build OpenOffice
- what's the impact on people who wish to use OpenOffice

Now, after yet another discussion where we explain Java to each other, we can take for granted that we all know about it and move on and see what the proposal is about in concrete, so that is can be evaluated properly and maybe implemented in time for 4.1.

Regards,
  Andrea.