On 27.09.2013 13:39, Tal Daniel wrote:
Thank you Herbert, I'm using Xcode 3.2.6, with gcc 4.2, so I'll wait with
your branch.

Oh, if you already XCode 3 then you're probably almost all set: Please check
        ls -l /usr/bin/gcc*
AFAIK on a typical XCode3 system there should be gcc-4.0 and gcc-4.2. I can't remember whether there was an install option to install the older version.

If I read the configure script correctly it tries to find this gcc-4.0 version and would use it if it was there.

Regarding the 10.4 SDK I'm quite sure it was optional with XCode3's package installer. That one defaults to only install SDK 10.5 and 10.6. I you'll have 10.4 you are probably only two hours away from your own AOO build! :-)

Thanks for the invite.
Today I've managed to install & switch to gcc 4.0 using MacPorts

I'm not sure if the MacPorts gcc 4.0 will work. Better check whether the older compiler version was an optional part of XCode3 and use that if possible.

(I'll update the Guide, when I'm done).

Wonderful, thanks in advance!

Herbert