Hi Tal,

On 28.09.2013 11:14, Tal Daniel wrote:
Herbert, thank you updating me on the SVN update, which updated Python
definitions in configure.in; it makes things much more easier now, since
Jürgen points now to the current version of Python.

Would you share with us how do you track SVN updates? do you use Eclipse,
or other tool? cmd-line?

Yes, I use the command-line of plain svn and I'd do it for all work with the repository if there wasn't git-svn which is much more convenient for my preferred workflow.

To get things going I'd suggest to start with plain svn though. Getting to know one version control system first is easier than learning two at the same time and dealing with their interactions.

I'd also recommend iterm2 which makes working on the command line on Mac more convenient.

For now, I've decided to sync & build AOO401 tag, which is more stable, I
guess.

Yes, that's a good approach.

Herbert