Hi Andrea,

I think it is dangerous when "public" funds support a developper in a free
project in which companies are associated. Just today I had a discussion
with a Windows user saying he did not like the free projects because he
considered that in these models, the volunteers are the losers and people
who can commercially exploit the final product without reverse anything to
the project itself, the winners. It is a quite common opinion among Windows
users with whom I have the opportunity to discuss, probably because they
haven't the habit of free projects.
This is why I find preferable (but this is only my personal opinion) that a
freelance developer should be paid only for his specific mission, defined
by donors, and should not be "integrated and under the control of the
project" for questions of independence and transparency. This should
reduced the desagreable comments, I think.

A+
--
gw