On 6 October 2013 01:25, Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/10/2 janI <j...@apache.org>
>
> > On 2 October 2013 22:18, Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > New forum users with registration problems do not have an easy way to
> > > communicate their problems to the board. In the past there was an email
> > > address that sent an automated message to a particular forum thread on
> > the
> > > private forum area. This system is not working since the move to
> Apache.
> > > Until the automated reply is re-activated, a simple mail box for each
> NL
> > > forum, accessible to forum admins and moderators will be more than
> > enough,
> > > something like forum-admin-<locale>@aoo.
> > >

> > the automated message looks to be a simple configuration in php2bb, at
> > least as far as I can see. This could be a good challenge for new admins
> > (working in line with the proposal dave works on).
> >

> Thanks, Ian,

np (its Jan)

> But even if simple, we need first an email address for each forum so users
> can send a message. If there is an automated response then better, but
> right now there is no way for a new user to "call for help".

I can understand that, and agree its a good idea. I simply wanted to make
you aware that you might need a appl. admin to change the configuration.
The admin situation is up for discussion (headed by another pmc member),
and have been discussed quite a lot, but no decision has been made. The way
I worked and suggested to work in future seems to be too restrictive for
some people, as a consequence the applications on our servers are currently
not being maintained, apart for security.

As we both know, there is work in progress to start a admin ML, which would
fit this purpose very well (headed by another pmc member), however after
the initial discussion, is seems nothing happens (at least no jira has been
created). I would not recommend a ML for each forum, the overhead
(moderators etc) are too big, instead have the mailer put the forum name in
the header.

Sadly enough we have many good initatives like it, that are thoroughly
discussed and then left to a slow death when it comes to the actual work.

Let me know if I can of further help.

rgds
jan I.