Le 05/11/2013 09:55, Ricardo Berlasso a écrit :
Ban spammers by IP is a bad idea. Most Internet users, and that's include
most human spammers, use dynamic IP connections so you are only banning an
IP that will be used by others, maybe valid users. It happened to me once
on an online service I used that I was blocked from log-in because the IP I
had at the time was on the list of "spammers IPs". When I tried again a
couple of days later there was no problem: my IP changed and the problem
passed to another user.

But still, we need the real IP. It's useful in case of spam. When there are
borderline posts, identifying repeated IPs in low cost countries is a good hint
that this is a true spammer.

Hagar