Efi wrote:
My
question is if I can contribute to the programming of OpenOffice, expand
some feature or write something new?

Sure you can! The first step is to get OpenOffice to build. You may find the step-by-step guide at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
very useful.

Even if you follow the guide closely, you may meet some difficulties in getting your first build. Please write us again if you have doubts or problems, and in that case don't forget to provide details about your system, about the configure options you used (see the wiki page for more) and about the errors you get.

When you manage to get your first build, you are ready to start developing and we can provide you with a list of easy tasks so that you can pick something to get started.

Regards,
  Andrea.